Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ideas to preserve children's art work and other similar items

I always love ideas that help you preserve small tokens such as a drawing, be it your own or of your special child. Even concert tkts or coasters, bottle caps can be used to create something that has meaning and will last more than one generation. I believe in somehow explaining why something is "valuable" to you. After spending my summer cleaning out my fathers storage space and home, i realized how futile it is to "collect" things. They eventually will be thrown away and never serve anyother purpose than to collect dust. Most of his items never saw the light of day, their fate was to be sealed in a tupperware tomb and eventually end up in a landfill. The movie UP sealed that notion for me on how things are just things. So I love finding clever ways to use such tokens and turning them into something both functional and practical. here is a link to one of my favorite blogs with ideas on how to do just taht. I will keep you guys posted as I find more.

http://www.designmom.com/2009/10/preserving-childrens-artwork-by-guest.html

No comments:

Post a Comment