Monday, May 9, 2011

happy mother's day

being all cute and what not

she always gets food on her face.




I've been hesitant when it comes to celebrating Mothers Day as I still see it as a holiday just for my mother. It is weird to get a sort of extra birthday, but I think I've finally come to terms with it. This mother's day was really nice. It was what I needed, a delicious picnic in Central Park, under a shady tree and blue skies. We picked up some yummy sandwiches from Whole Foods, brought some wine and treats and just relaxed. And the best part was Emma behaved wonderfully. She loved sitting on the blanket and ate her lunch like a lady. She of course wanted to run at the end of her meal, but it was nice to have had a good 30mns of peace, eating as a family. We then took her to the carousel where we saw a mini celeb, the Fonz and then did some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment