Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chapultepec


don't worry, I will come back for you



emma will read when ever she feels like it

emma and chichi


she can't be stopped


giving me 'tude

wonder twins, activate!

Chapultepec is an area of the city that has a Castle where the emperor once lived as well as past Presidents. Now it is a beautiful history museum . It has really cleaned up since the last time i was there, 15 years ago. Time really does fly at an alarming rate. The last time I was there and it was quite run down. You could only see the rooms of the castle from behind dirty glass and there were no gardens or access to lovely views. They really pumped a lot of money and energy into renovating this great place. Emma had a good time with my aunt there. It really makes a difference when you have an extra pair of hands and while we looked in peace at the museum, my aunt watched Emma and they went up and down stairs. After the castle we went to the zoo and it is a sad zoo, as zoos go. But Emma got to see the famous panda bear that always eluded me for one reason or another as a child. Emma has now seen two panda bears and my mission is to one day see them in China. It was a nice day since it was the first day it hadn't rained since we got there. We even got a little sun burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment