Thursday, June 9, 2011

It has been a long while

she swiped the good cheese from off the counter and went to town, rind and all

so proud of herself...

It is taking me a lot longer to get back into the swing of things than I had anticipated. It has been a little over a month since I lost my father and things seem to be stuck in a state of limbo. At times I question if it happened, or why it happened, and realize that we all must go on.
Anyway....that being said, lets get back to the Ninj. She has been a real handful as of late. I mean a handful. I tried for two weeks to not raise my voice and only talk to her in a sing songy manner in hopes that my new demeanor would make her listen better. It seemed to work for a while, but now she just laughs at my face and I have resorted back to yelling again. I really do not like doing that. I immediately feel defeated and I wish I knew how to be a better mother, when it comes to disciplining her. She is a nut. She climbs and jumps, and breaks things and throw things and yells at the top of her lungs. But she is also doing some really cute things. Like this morning she pulled out the bottom drawer of Ant's dresser, to use as a ladder of course, and I hear a loud crunch. (this is not the cute part) I haven't fully inspected it but fear she might have really broken it. I just scolded her in a stern but not yelling manner and then proceeded to turn my back to her and ignore her. She grabbed my night gown and started kissing it. Then I told her "momma sad" and she continued to kiss me, as if her kisses would make it better. It was funny, tender actually, but....momma mad!
Her new thing is to say "mira" which is Spanish for "look". "Mira gato, miro es lunch". She still refuses to use verbs but her vocabulary is really vast. I am waiting for her to just put it all together, and I know with time it will come. This morning she was singing all on her own, no music was actually playing and my mom tried to talk to her and she shushed her. She said "ssh, Emma musica". See, she knows the verb cantar and sing, but always omits them. Anyway, if her dad is napping, she will "ssh" us so as to not disturb him. "Shh papa es sleeping". She even scolded Aurora from her music box when she kept spinning and playing music. She does love music and dancing and this summer I will start looking for classes in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment