Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book of the week, Charlotte Jane Battles Bedtime


Charlotte Jane Battles Bedtime written by Myra Wolfe and illustrated by Maria Monescillo is such a cute book that I honestly feel da ninj was the inspiration for Charlotte Jane. I grabbed this book because I saw that the main character was a girl pirate. As much as I would love E to be a girly girl who likes to play with dolls and dress up as a princess, she is not. She loves pirates and soccer and doing daredevil feats. So this book seemed like it would be a perfect fit and I was beyond pleasantly surprised once I read it. Emma truly is Charlotte Jane who rather play than go to sleep. Charlotte like Emma was born with lots of oomph and they both like to walk on the wild side. My favorite Charlotte quote is "I like to get all the juice out of my days!". E is quite a fan of this book and I highly recommend this book to all kids, girls and boys. The illustrations are just so lively and full of detail that I know your little pirate princess will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment