Friday, August 12, 2011

Book of the week, My Name is not Isabella


I picked this book up because E has a little friend named Isabella whose B-day is coming up and I wanted to see if this book would be a good gift for her. I did not expect to fall in love with this book. It is just wonderful! Isabella is Emma! This little girl has such a thirst for knowledge and imagination and creativity, that I felt as if I were looking at Emma one year from now. On each page Isabella tells her mom that her name is not Isabella but rather a famous woman such as Sally Ride, Annie Oakley and Rosa Parks. This book will ignite your little one's curiosity to learn more about these powerful, historical, female figures. This book will give them an insight on just how remarkable these women are. The illustrations are just as wonderful and the text is filled with humorous tone. Apparently there is a boy version of this book called My Name is not Alexander, which I'm dying to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment