Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it's in our hands


oh so much to tell. I just want to write this small thing before I forget, last night was a good night/evening. I took Emma to the park to wear herself out and she had a great time. She loves running around and pushing her car. She loves the ball and above all she loves staring at the older boys. After her bath, she has her routine of brushing teeth and putting on her lotions. She has been helping put on her lotions since December, yet she hates, HATES to put it on her face. SO last night i put the lotion in her hand and then took her hands and placed them over my face. I wanted to let her see how lotion doesn't hurt on the face. She then removed her hands and put them back on my face in the most tender and gentle way. i just kept thinking of rose petals brushing against my face. It was such a small gesture, but when you have a child who still is mastering her fine motor skills and hand eye coordination, and who I at times refer to as my feral child, simply put her hands on you in a very deliberate and kind manner, it broke my heart. She then did it to her papa. Anyway, I don't know if the lesson worked , but I just fall more and more in love with that kid. Just when you think, 'ok, i cant love her anymore, this is it, I am at my limit', she does these small actions that just take your love to the next level.


No comments:

Post a Comment