Friday, March 25, 2011

sing a song a six pence


Emma really loves to sing. I mean she will sing with so much passion you can't help but laugh. She gets so physical and emotional. I fear I see a little budding artist in her. (Must steer her towards medicine and/or law.) Anyway, she loves to sing these songs in Spanish that I pretty much had to memorize in one night so I could sing her to sleep. She would request these songs and I had no idea what she was talking about until Connie showed me all the songs she had been singing with Emma during the day. In a way I feel cheated and bummed that someone else ignited the love of music in Emma, but I'm really grateful she did because I am not a singer. I don't even know the lyrics to Twinkle Twinkle, (well, now I do) so to have someone open my eyes to how important music is to a child, I am grateful.Emma's favorites are Pin Pon, Cucu, Sol Solicito,Rain Rain and Twinkle Little Star. She is too much and made my mom and dad really happy. Funny how one little being can inject life back into someone who has almost given up. Emma is handful but I'm madly in love with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment