Tuesday, May 11, 2010

this morning


As mornings go they either go smoothly or roughly. Even the smooth ones only last that way right up until the moment I need to leave. That is when Emma decides to poop or throw things, or run around. This morning went smoothly. Since having Emma I havent really had a moment to use the bathroom in peace. She always pushes the door open and sits right next to me. Wel, Emma somehow tripped outside the bathroom door and started doing this fake 'ow' cry. She held out her hand to me and i kissed it . I could tell she liked it. Emma is tough and always just shakes it off when she falls, and this was the first time I have ever kissed her boo boos to make them feel better. I guess she felt she needed to be comforted today. So another thing Emma has started doing is she will wave and say good bye to you as she leaves the room. She says bye in a very singsongy tone and it is just so lovely to hear and watch. Though I must admit the first time she did it I cried because I knew one day she would be waving goodbye and it would be for more than just going to the living room ro read. So back to this morning, after the whole kissing the boo boo thing, Emma came back into the bathroom and was leaning towards me and I was not paying attention or didn't realize what she was doing and then I noticed that she was puckering her lips and wanted to kiss me. So I leaned in to kiss her and she then put up her hand so I could kiss it one more time and then waved and said biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It was so sweet it just melted my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment