Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Book of the week


I was going to write about another book but being as XMas is right around the corner, I decided to talk about Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner and illustrated by Mark Buehner. It is the follow up to her 2002 book, Snowmen at Night, which to be honest, I am not a fan of. Buehner also came out with a newer book this year called Snowmen All Year Round, but I have yet to check it out. This book is more charming and tender than the first and the illustrations are quite magical. How many of us don't imagine a secret world come to life while we sleep. The plot is basic, at night the snowmen all come to life and go to the town square to celebrate Christmas Eve. Emma is a HUGE fan. She is totally into snowmen this year and last night I had to read it to her three times and once at lunch today. Since she doesn't grow tired of this book I must recommend it! Still with plenty of time for the holidays I am sure all kids will enjoy this book! There is even a gift set that includes a stuffed snowman but it might be cheaper to buy the book alone and purchase a 5 dollar snowman elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment