Friday, December 17, 2010

This weekend

I will not be attempting to make macaroons, but they are on my list. I just really like this image.

...is going to be busy weekend. My kitchen is going to turn into a Keebler workshop! I'm going to attempt to make my dad's famous chocolate chewy cookies. He hand wrote the recipe for me a while back and swore me to secrecy. I apologize for not being able to share with anyone, yet. They are famous in my family and we would always get so excited when we saw him making them. My dad is the chef and baker of my family and everything he ever brought to the table was simply delectable. I guess that is were my baking desire began. I have my eye on my dad's recipe journals, they are all hand written recipes on pages that have now turned yellow, with some pages barely hanging onto the spiral binding. This weekend I will attempt at making those, along with red velvet whoopie pies and plain ol' sugar cookies and yes, cupcakes. I will see how it goes with having Emma as my assistant. She is the official taste tester at my house and I can just see her sucking the frosting straight form the tube. I am also going to attempt to make this Christmas tree. I shall post pics on Monday!
Have a good weekend. I have to work tomorrow so it will feel like I had no weekend. Still so much to do before our drive down to Florida! I can't wait to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment