Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book of the Week


This book is quite appropriate for today as snow is covering the streets of NY with a pristine white blanket. I saw this book, NO by Claudia Rueda, at a Museum gift shop in Mexico and I was immediately taken by the illustrations. I guess by now you know that I do judge a book by its cover.
The story didn't let me down, it is a simple story that has been told before, but if you have a toddler who is starting to question everything you ask of them and seems to want to explore beyond your peripheral vision, this book will surely speak to you. This is a sweet tale of baby bear who basically has a smart answer for everything his mom asks him to do. Sound familiar? There comes a big snow storm and baby bear gets lost. I will not tell you more, (as to not ruin the book) but if your child loves bears, snow and is testing you, this is a book you must read together.

No comments:

Post a Comment