Friday, January 21, 2011

let's go back








So I just want to mention real quick how nice and low key my birthday was. There was nothing special or out of the ordinary and I tried to just be ok with that. Yes it would have been nice to be surprised but I realized you just need to make the most of what you have. So I changed my outlook and I was pleasantly surprised. For the first time in a long time I wasn't grumpy or pouty. In the morning I took myself to Anthropologie and picked me up some nice things. Then I hung out at home and in the evening we all went to have dinner. Dinner at a restaurant is never on my top list of things to do with my family. I love them but there always seems to be silence and awkward pauses. Now with Emma, I am usually chasing her around the restaurant, getting indigestion from how fast I have to eat to keep an eye on her. So needless to say I wast really looking forward to dining out. But again, I went in with a positive outlook and I must say it was quite lovely. Emma stayed in her highchair the whole time!Her gift to me! She colored, ate and when she started to show signs of the jimmy legs, I pulled out the dvd player and her and Logan watched Shrek. It was really nice to have a meal in peace, together with my family, with people talking and everyone in a good mood and enjoying their meal. Afterward, as we walked to the car, Emma grabbed Logan's hand and they took off running. They were both so happy, giggling and never letting go of each others hands as the weaved in and out of the crowd. The walk was illuminated by white lights and it just had a very Amelie feel to it, you know when they are riding on his vespa in the end, carefree, in the moment. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment