Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Boston














emma finneysdottir


I cant help it that Im cute


here is a fascinating fact






can I help you?

the light from Rachel's kitchen was just lovely





trying on her big girl shoes

We went to Boston this past Columbus Day weekend. It was Emma's first time in Boston, that is her first time out of my womb. The last time we were there was 2.5 years ago for our first wedding anniversary. I was finally starting to feel better and enjoyed walking around Beacon Hill and the Common. We even bought Emma some outfits at Macys as we had just found out we were having a girl. Anyway, I had been to Boston a couple of times before the previous trip but was unaware of the book Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey or how there is a sculpture dedicated to him and the book in the Public Garden. We came upon the sculpture during our last trip and noticed how there were little kids climbing on the ducklings and proud parents posing with their children. I said that once Emma was born we would have to come back and take her picture riding the ducklings. As we approached the sculpture this past Sunday, I got a little teary eyed as it hit me how much time has passed and how quickly it went. We finally came back 2.5 years later with Emma who is no longer a baby. These past months have been a difficult transition period for me as I get used to the idea that Emma will only go forward with each passing day. She is a toddler and soon will be a preschooler!!! I want her to remain small enough for me to carry around on my hip, but I know children are only on loan to us for such a brief time.
Anyway, we had a great time, saw a dear friend, had a deliciously home cooked meal and went back for a mouth watering canolli at Mike's Pastry. We cant wait to go back when she is a little older to properly do the Freedom Trail and pose in front of historical monuments and not just silly frog sculptures. Emma loved the carousel, the Common and the Tadpole playground and even had a reading session with her papa, that is something she just loves to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment