Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Hair clips



I couldn't sleep on Friday and I just felt this urge to start making things. I realized that I have tons of supplies from my many whims which I have never followed through, and I decided to make Emma some Halloween barrettes. I had seen some really cute Xmas clips at the Red Wagon store in Boston and upon closer inspection I realized that they were quite simple to make. The problem would be finding the perfect charms but that will just make me be more creative.
I took some ribbon and covered an alligator clip and then attached these really cute pre-made felt characters that I got at Michael's at the beginning of the season. Since I am the Rachel Ray of crafts I am quite proud of my accomplishments. Anyone can do it. I would love to learn how to create my own felt animals to give them that unique flair, and I think that is next on my list. I also practiced on making felt roses and I made a barrette following a tutorial from the Purl Bee, must find link, I printed it out over a year ago!!! Anyway, I was more focused on learning how to construct one than how they actually looked. Now that I feel comfortable with how and where I need to sew, I will work on exact cutting and presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment