Monday, October 25, 2010

Owl Garland




they definitely have a skeletal quality which I adore.


I love how they look blowing in the wind...


step 4 or 5...

I always save and print dyi projects and then never get around to it. I blame TV! But ever since we lost cable and had Emma, I realize how much of my life was spent in front of the tube. I also feel a need to create and make now. I work a 9-5 job in a gallery that has way too much down time and offers little inspiration. It has however afforded me some time to discover other amazing bloggers. I saw this Owl Mobile project from this great blog, Made by Joel . His stuff is quite impressive but just a tad OCD for me. I can only cut so much paper with an exacto knife. His owl mobile seemed simple enough so I decided to make one Weds night. I realized that by gluing the template onto construction paper you can get a variety of colors plus they come out sturdier than regular card stock. I was only going to do one, maybe two, but when I saw the possibility of making them into a Halloween garland, I just kept on trucking. On Friday I began and it took me 3 hours to cut them all out and put them together but the end result was so worth it. I hung them up by the window just to see how they looked and realized that I would need 4 more to make the garland complete. They also look lovely hanging vertically but when you have a toddler who thinks she is Tarzan, out of harms way I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment