Monday, November 8, 2010

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings."

I want to take back all my impatience with Emma and desire at times that she were different. I need to appreciate that I have a beautiful healthy child who loves and is active and is healthy and is alive. Through a FB friend I came across this family's blog . This blog is not a happy blog, it tells of a family's story, particularly their little son Ezra battling cancer. Their son passed away yesterday and my heart just goes out to them and their loss. I debated whether or not to write about them as I am not at all connected to them except for their blog that I have read, but my heart breaks for them as I see pictures of their little boy and how at one point their lives were carefree. All a parent ever wants is for their children to be healthy and happy. Their family as been through immeasurable loss this year and I wonder how some people find the strength to go on. I always feel so small and petty when I come across these encounters, tonight I get to go home and play with emma and watch her sleep and then in the morning I will get to hug her and start the day over.

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment