Wednesday, November 10, 2010

pumpkin whoopie pies


I've been wanting to make these pumpkin whoopie pies for a while now and I finally got around to doing them last night and I must say they came out spectacular. I really like them and so does my expert taster! They take a lot of time to put together but it is well worth the effort.

As to my cute little owls, I bought an owl puncher for Halloween and started punching owls that I was going to use to decorate my treat table, but I ended up using something else. I had these little owls just looking at me and I decided to make cupcake toppers with them and I think they are sweet.


By the way, I also cooked last night, which doesn't happen often. I make a decent butternut squash risotto thanks to Martha but I recently found a new recipe via the Guilty Kitchen site that is pretty similar to the one I make, except this one uses bacon and mushrooms...I didn't have mushrooms so I used chicken stock instead but the bacon definitely adds a whole new flavor that is quite delish! Fresh sage would have made it even better but I was quite proud of my little meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment